Saturday 6 October 2012

Plenty - Juan Sheet advert

Somehow, the concept of using kitchen towels is not that popular in India and although I used to have a roll in my kitchen back then, it was never put to much use and all i did was admire the wrought iron kitchen roll holder I'd picked up on a trip to the US.

Fast forward to a year later and I was using kitchen towels like nobody's business and was running out of rolls every 2 weeks or so. I was so used to having them at arms reach in my kitchen here in UK and with this practise in mind, I tried the same in my moms kitchen back home. She used to panic about the number of kitchen towels I use and the usual line, 'its so expensive to buy a roll here, you cant use it like you do in UK. Please use the cloth towels to wipe surfaces.' I tried to explain to her it was so much more convenient, but then understood the problem. The towels were hopeless They were so thin and pathetic that one towel wouldn't do to mop up a spill, but I had to use 2 or even 3 in layers for it to have some effect. Needless to say, that kinda put an end to my cooking expeditions in my moms kitchen, well that and a couple of other mishaps :)

Back in my own comfortable kitchen and I was glad I had the option of using kitchen towels without much fuss. There are so many options available at the stores, but my favourite so far is Plenty which in itself has a few different types of towels, for any occasion you can think of. The original one (which I personally think is the best), the fat one (which is the latest addition and well, has 50% more sheets per roll; oh and also comes in fun prints) and the wipe, rinse and reuse one (which is such a brilliant discovery, I love it. You also end up using fewer towels). I mostly use my towels in the kitchen- to drain the oil off fried food, to wipe my glass hob top, to mop spills, wipe the bins and surfaces etc- but I also occasionally use them to wipe down glass windows, bathroom mirrors and the shower glass. It works like a charm and I'm so glad its affordable and widely available in all the stores.

To know more about Plenty and its uses, check out their website and don't forget to stop by at Juan's (the cleaning superhero), who does his magic to reveal what all Plenty can do. Check out the fun video below (he's quite funny).


PS: A recent discovery of rolling up herbs like coriander and mint in Plenty towels, and keeping them in the refrigerator making it last much longer, was jackpot. It really works people, trust me!


0 comments: