Tuesday 8 June 2010

Mango Lassi

I really didn't have to post this, and I have quite a few other posts from my drafts I can actually post, but laziness has caught on so much that I now think i bragged a lil too much on my previous post about not losing interest. I have been so busy whole of last week with a sick (literally) Ro to take care of. Yeah he's allergic to pollen and he was working from home which meant lunch, tea and dinner in succession, not to mention cleaning up which Ro would very nicely offer to do but I felt really bad and didn't let him. Well complaining about all that and rubbing it in that I am such an awesome wife kinda over powered the good i did, but anyways... ;)
Oh and also, right now I am brooding about a 46 quid haircut (I'm still crying here). I mean how difficult is it to find a salon in bloody zone 1 and 2 in London that doesn't charge you for your head also? I saw the bill and had to hold on to the railings to not faint (making a mental note: hide this months credit card bill). I'm still incredibly upset about that and i think il have to trek up to Wembley or some desi area to get a 20 quid haircut...sigh! what all a woman has to do to look good eh?
So coming to this post, its such a lame thing to put on a blog, but if i ignored the space, I will forever be lazy to do something about it. I made this some 2 weeks back when I got over excited after seeing mango pulp at the local grocers. I decided to buy the really really large can only to find out I didn't know how to make anything with mango pulp other than the panna cotta which, since id tried once already, didn't appeal to me any more. Story of my life...yes!
I made some mango ice cream and lost interest after the first two mixing intervals. Its still in my freezer. Then i thought id bake a mango cheesecake. I get better ones at Waitrose, so why bother? I was just left with the lassi option and in fact I actually forced it down Ro's throat saying its healthy (ya rt!). I still have loadsa mango puree left...anyone? any ideas?

Mango pulp- 1 cup
Chilled plain yoghurt- 1 1/2 cups
Water- just enough to loosen it a bit, say 1/4 cup
Condensed milk- 2 tbsp (oh ya baby, I went all the way out)
Sugar/ Honey- to taste/ optional (i added a bit cos i thought it wasn't sweet enough)

Mix everything together in a blender, serve cold with some ice cubes or chill in the refrigerator till you serve.
How boring was that post? No please dont answer..I know!

I picked up some juicy apricots the other day with the intention of baking an upside down cake. We ended up eating it just like that and I made the cake with canned ones instead; which was in a way good because it would have been a lil tarty if id used the fresh ones. Followed the same recipe as this. Served it as a dessert when we had friends over on Sat night, and as my luck would have it, it was more like a pudding than a cake..utterly moist and warm right outta the oven with the apricots adding that lil extra richness. Liked the pic i took, so thought id post it for TasteSpotting and foodgawker sake.


See ya later ladies.

PS: Don't they look like cute lil baby bums :)

20 comments:

Pari Vasisht said...

Hi. Don't feel sad for shelling on the haircut as u say u need to look good na.
U can try making aamrakhand with the pulp or a mango mousse but lassi looks nice surely.

Sushma Mallya said...

Beautiful pics, and lassi looks good as well, one of my fav...

Suji said...

Our fav lassie. picture are amazing..Love the recipe and the pics..

Love
Kairali sisters

Ms.Chitchat said...

Picture perfect lassi.

Suja Manoj said...

Beautiful pic..mango lassi is my favorite too.me too looking for new ideas to use the mango puree that I was so enthusiastic to buy:(

Sarah Naveen said...

Awesome clicks madam!!!!
I m lazy too now a days..i dono why...!!!!
Lassi looks refreshing !!!

Cool Lassi(e) said...

Awesome Lassi shots. I made some last week too.
Spending a small fortune for a good haircut is something you should NOT feel upset about. I know it lightens the wallet but I'd rather have that instead of a bad haircut that will upset me for months at a stretch.
As a rule of thumb, I skip the facial, pedi and mani the month I get a haircut and opt for at-home options.
Great shots of apricots.

Nitha said...

The pics are amazing ... love ur lassi and as usual ur write up too..

Shriya said...

Love the pics. Looks soo refreshing and inviting.

This could make for a great entry in to our Sizzling Summer Contest. check it out in ST. you could win one of two $50 prizes.

divya said...

looks soo refreshing and inviting..

Hayley said...

Hi glad you didn't go to wembley for your haircut..may be eyebrow threading is ok...haircut is costing to much nowdays..for me and my daughter it's cost us a bomb..mango lassi looks yummy..great click...you can make a Mango Halwa..if you like it..

Priya Suresh said...

Lassi looks lipsmacking...cute clicks..

Unknown said...

dear mango lassi is not boring at all and sure look wonderful. I love the little baby bums... lol Beautiful pic :)

And, on what to do with mango puree, I am not a big mango puree person (I instead prefer eating mango slices, don't ask me why). Anyways, you can make milkshake, simple aam-ras to dip your roti in and eat, bake a bread, or even make kulfi or just freeze them as pops. OK, running out of ideas :)

Unknown said...

If you follow the Tiramisu recipe from one of our blogs who participated in this sweet punch event, you are sure to get a yummy tasting outcome that you won't regret :)

Unknown said...

Brilliant pics!! Lassi looks absolutely yummy..

Shah cooks said...

loved the second foto!!
mango lassi.. i would have this everyday if i didn't get fat on it!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful click of apricot, agree! cutie little baby bums lol...and beauty without pain, no way!

MyExperimentsWithFood said...

Lassi looks so refreshing. Love the apricot pics.

Debugcooking said...

ahhh..just what I need to beat the heat here...pics look soooo good...and thanks a ton for yr recent comments on my blog XOXO

Shabs.. said...

Lol nish @ forcing ro to gulp all that juice saying that its healthy!!!lol....just likeme...i do that at times..no....always....when i add less sugar hubby says, it isnt sweet ....so i add loads and say i just added 2 tsp...!...didi u try banana and peanut butter smoothie?....just try it...1 banana, 1-2 tsp or as much as u want:peanut butter, little milk to make a thick smoothie and sugar to taste....this shake is simply superb, but rich.

Pinney, that haircut cost. I dont wanna say anything else!I would have moarned the entire life thinking about it!....but dont be sad cos whats gone is gone, then y be sad and make life horrible?:)You wont get it baack, will ya. so chill out dahling.