Friday 9 April 2010

Reposting a few entries

Sorry peeps I have nothing new or impressive to post today, so I am reposting a few entries for an event id like to take part in.

Priya of Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes is hosting a Pancake Event and I just about made it. The deadline is tomorrow. So here goes:
My decadent (if I may say so myself) Wholemeal Buttermilk Pancakes with a Berry Compotewhich id like to say is pretty healthy and is a common brunch item on a Saturday morn.
The Buttermilk Blueberry Pancakes which are easy and taste just as nice and a perfect lazy day snack.

Oh and one more thing, the next season of Britain's Best Dish is starting soon, and the producer got in touch with me asking if i was interested in taking part. For those of you who are not too familiar with the show...it is hosted by ITV and is a competition for amateur cooks and they look for the best starter, main course and dessert. The winner gets 10,000 pounds(nice eh?). They are holding their regional auditions in May and if any one's interested, do put in a comment and il pass on details. I'm definitely an amateur cook, but I realised I can cook only for Ro and not anyone else....leave alone on TV! I go into panic mode if I have guests over and obviously Ro takes over then ;) So I'm gonna pass.

Have a fab weekend!

7 comments:

Priya Suresh said...

Thanks for both entries dear..Thats a fantastic news,do participate and do let us know about ur experience...

Cool Lassi(e) said...

Dear,
Don't panic. You are going to let go of a splendid chance of winning 10K pounds just cause you are panicked?Think about all the Prada bags and Christian Louboutin shoes you can buy with the prize. Go hurry and think of something, pronto!
If I was given such a chance I would seize the opportunity with both hands and legs but I don't know if an outsider is eligible for such an event..Let me know if a person like me who lives on the other side of the pond can participate.
BTW, great entries for the Pancake event.

Jane said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!

Enough said! I am SO happy for you that I may never speak to you again if you do not AT LEAST participate in this rare opportunity!!!

Do NOT regret later di. Come on what do you have to lose??? They will show you the ropes for TV first timers. Plus it's not live so they will edit it ...you can make max mistakes and no one but those in that room will know! Please don wear your Ammachi outfit for this :P

Jane said...

Plus can you imagine the kind of contacts you'll make just going for the regional auditions? What if a celeb turns up? What if it's NIGELLA??? Or Anthony B???

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!

ambili said...

WOWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

Namitha said...

Wow..go on and participate hon...no panicking.You are a great cook.Good luck !!
yumm pancakes..

sayantani said...

new to your page and before I say anything please dont miss this golden opportunity. from whatever i have seen in your page you have a great way of juggling ingredients and coming up with great dishes. everyone of us in the blogosphere are amateur so dont shy away and get in girl.
lovely page and great recipes....love every bit of it.