Tuesday 23 July 2013

What I've been up to...

I threw a summer party beginning of the month and this was the table

Things have been pretty crazy at my end with a few new projects I've undertaken and a part time job with Bobo Macarons in full swing. I must say, although its a complete shift in profession, I am so so so enjoying it, especially the baking bit. Of course I have a long way to go but having a really patient boss helps when it comes to learning something new. 

There is also some really exciting news coming your way (no, not involving babies and such), and I cant wait to share it with you all. I will be revealing it end of this week, so head back here around that time and you'll know what it is :) :) I know..the suspense is killing me too, but you just have to wait :)

I am in the process of giving my blog a new face lift because like everything in my life, I got bored with the look. After breaking my head on a logo and after trying out so many different options I decided to go with the one on the header. I also got my business cards printed and although I'm not damn happy with the outcome, it serves the purpose for the time being. My friends convinced me its "soo totally me" and so I think I'm a bit relieved. 
I have also been attending a lot of really cool events with my partner in crime Suchi of Kitchen Karma and I thought I'll pen down some of the fun events I attended. Its going to be a photo overdose post, so scoot if you are bored already :)

AGA Rangemaster
We attended a fancy evening of cocktails and canapés at the glamorous Violin Factory in Waterloo to celebrate the launch of a couple of new products from AGA Rangemaster. Truth be told, I don't think I'll be able to afford an AGA any time soon, but yes its up there on my wish list. Highlight of the evening was meeting the adorable Mary Berry of Great British Bake Off fame. She, I think, is one of the most down to earth celebrity chefs I've come across. Not that I rub shoulders with them every other day, but you know, in general. She is the new face of AGA and entertained us with a fun talk about her experiences with the brand. 

Dotcomgiftshop Blogger's Christmas evening
Yes, you read that right, Christmas plans are already under way for a lot of brands. The event was to showcase the selection of Dotcomgiftshop's Christmas gift ideas and also their new AW 2013 collection. It was a prop haven for prop obsessed people like me. We also got this really pretty cup and saucer which I converted into a table centrepiece at my summer party.

Food For Media's Media Market Place
Last week the entire Bloggers' Buzz team attended the Food For Media's Media Market Place event which was like a networking event with loads of interesting brands and such. We had a very productive day talking shop and also got to take home some fabulous goodies. The bread from Flour Power City Bakery was perhaps my best. Its been 5 days since I've got the loaf, and its still soft and tasty. Another interesting find was the Divino gelato made with the finest of fruits and served in the fruit itself. So its like a peach gelato is served in a peach and you can eat the entire thing.  Other brands on display were Bonne Maman, Squires Kitchen, Little Devil, Farrington Oils, The Saucy Fish Co. and so on...

Gordon Ramsay Bread Street by Royal Doulton
Photo courtesy Suchi

To date this is definitely the highlight of my blogging career- to have met THE Gordon Ramsay. We had an exclusive breakfast with GR to celebrate his new Bread Street by Royal Doulton tableware and took home a gorgeous coffee mug by the brand and an autographed book by the chef himself. We were so excited that when he came to talk to us, we just giggled like smitten school girls. The breakfast was amazing with Suchi's eggs Benedict topping the charts and my ricotta cakes with banana and butter a close second. The collection will be available at leading stores soon and since I've started with a mug it would be unfair to not complete the set wouldn't it? That's a hint Roshan :) 

With thanks to all the brands for inviting me to these events.

11 comments:

Manju @ Manjus Eating Delights said...

Wow, you are definitely living the dream, aren't you girl!! Lovely post and I love the new look.

Have been thinking of a re-model for my blog as well for over a year now, but I'm not making the time for it nor am I willing to pay anyone to get it done for me...so there! ;-)

Unknown said...

wow awesome....congrats on your new look....
Anu's Healthy Kitchen - Swiss Chard Chana Dal Masala Vada

Hamaree Rasoi said...

I envy seeing your girls untie for the same interest...:-) And really amazed how organized you are...Get going gal...

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Sorry typo *unite

Akila said...

Wow new look is superb.. And want to n win ur neighborhood too

Unknown said...

Wow, you've been busy having fun. Awesome.

Rafeeda AR said...

the new looks is so so hip... great going... congrats on what all is happening and wish you all the very best!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you Nisha. All the things that you are upto lately have been so full of fun... I loved the new look of the blog. Great job on that!
Shema | LifeScoops

Priya Suresh said...

Omg, Nisha seems you r having loads of fun, seriously am happy for u..COngrats on ur new job, great and keep on rocking.

Anonymous said...

hey i absolutely loved your pic of the summer party table. please post the recipes of the dishes which you came up with. that will surely make my day:))

Shree said...

new look is awesome ! The table setting is just gorgeous !