Friday 1 April 2011

The Yum Factor with South Indian pork fry and cumin flavoured rice

We are all such big fans of MasterChef aren't we?? Well I was one and still do catch bits and pieces of it on telly, but time constrains and such have made me reduce TV time drastically. That's when the 888ladies came up with a brilliant online MasterChef New Recipe Competition where you could win one of two Ikea kitchens worth 2000.

The Yum Factor-888 Ladies' search for Kitchen Superstar started on the 29th of March and runs till the 20th of  May 2011. The contest allows you to upload your original recipes on the competition website and visitors can vote for their favourite dish. After the panel of judges go through the collection, they will then decide which three entries go on to the final round Taste-off. And then in the Taste-Off, a professional chef will cook all three recipes for a panel of cooking experts and the two best among those will each win Ikea vouchers worth 2000 for a swanky new kitchen (now we all know how awesome Ikea kitchens are, don't we?).

Anyone can enter the competition. Just make sure the recipe is your own or adapted and then just get all your friends to vote for your recipe online, As simple as that. So what are you waiting for? Put on your Chef caps and get cooking.

I on the other hand is donning the head chef hat and so wont be able to attend the competition myself. Instead I have submitted this kick-ass recipe for pork fry and cumin rice and so do head over to the Yum Factor page to read the recipe.

17 comments:

Swathi said...

I won't eat any meat,even tempting for me. Looks awesome combo meal.

Priya Suresh said...

Would love to try with mutton,fry looks inviting..

Binys Recipes said...

wow dear thts just fantastic wanna have it right away.

Suja Manoj said...

This is making me drool,looks so yum..tempting.

Only Fish Recipes said...

wow...pork fry looks so tempting ! very inviting to resist !

Prathima Rao said...

Fantastic combo!!!
Prathima rao
Prats Corner

Nandinis food said...

Would be awesome with chicken too! Lovely combo!

Suji said...

Kewl!!Nice clicks and really a yummy meal, Nisha...

Unknown said...

Oh good luck with the competition Nisha, i have tried pork only once, i too skeptical in cooking myself, i need a recipe that doesn't make me feel like eating pork, does that make any sense, probably i should get out of my Phobia! heading over to see ur recipe :)

Unknown said...

Bingo! i missed you are head chef there lovely way you go!

Kankana said...

Pork is one of my fav protein and this looks delicious! I am not able to open the link at all. Not sure why ?:! will give a try later again .. i really want to participate :)

Tanvi@Sinfully Spicy said...

Good luck with the contest.Anyone can participate? I love such spicy dishes.Looks lip smacking.

Monet said...

I don't eat pork very often, but when I do, I want it to be as delicious as this! Yum! Thank you for sharing with me tonight. I'm in the need of some comfort...and you are one of the blogs I know I can turn to. I hope you have a great start to your week. Blessings and love.

Sushma Mallya said...

we don't have pork..but rice looks delicious!

Sarah Naveen said...

love pork!!! nice combo..!!

Pavithra Elangovan said...

Wow what a platter..looks too good :)

Sunitha said...

Kidilan! Noyambu elle? Looks like I am the lone rider on nayambu this time. After Easter I am going to get all the meat I can.