Saturday 24 April 2010

Grilled tandoori-flavoured prawns

The Prawn craving continues and this time I wanted to grill it. Weekend is gonna be hectic with a few friends coming over, so not rambling too much. Enjoy!

King Prawns- 250 gms, de-veined and cleaned
Yogurt- 2 tbsp
Ginger paste- 1 tbsp
Garlic paste- 1 tbsp
Lime juice- 1 tbsp
Kashmiri chilli powder- 1 tsp
Cumin powder- 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder- 1 tsp
Tandoori masala- 1 tbsp (If you have this, omit coriander and cumin powder)
Salt- if required
Wooden skewers- 6- 8, soaked in water
Oil- enough to grease the griddle pan/ grill

Mix all the ingredients together and marinate the prawns. Keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
Thread on the skewers, oil the pan and once its really hot, place the prawn skewers in batches (if required) and cook on each side for 2 to 3 minutes or until well cooked.
Serve as appetiser or side with a mint-coriander yogurt chutney
Notes: I used my electric George Foreman grill, so it heated up pretty fast and my prawns were done in under 4 minutes altogether. nice and juicy, that is. Fire top grilling pan or a frying pan should be fine.
My tandoori masala was incredibly red in colour which was a put off, but used it whatsoever.

14 comments:

Cool Lassi(e) said...

The shrimps pack quite a punch with all that masala. Very bright..must be due to the Kashmiri Chilli powder and Tandoori powder.
Hey, nice to know that you own the same book. I just borrowed it from the library and planning on trying the "Prune Panforte" before I return that book..that is what caught my eye originally. Happy Weekend dear.

Shabs.. said...

Too many shrimps these days eh....My hubby is a core fan of prawns and iam sure he would love this....I loved teh colours would try it without tandoori powder.....real inspiration:)..BTW, i also made a garlic dish today:)...

Sushma Mallya said...

Wow that looks mouthwatering, love tandoori dishes, and this one is worth giving a try...

divya said...

Wow...perfect color and its sooo tempting....

Unknown said...

I always love prawns,your grilled prawns look fabulous! YUM!

tasteofbeirut said...

Very nice color and very assertive taste too!

arthi said...

my husband is a huge of shrimps.looka nice :)

Unknown said...

Oh my god...never seen such a mouthwatering tandoori prawns....I am shamelessing slobbering...can't control my greediness.....superb dish dear...

Priya Suresh said...

Wat a tempting and catchy grilled prawns, makes me hungry..

Pavithra Elangovan said...

Oohhh the color is really tempting... even i dont eat prawn ..the color and finish making me drool.

Pavithra
www.dishesfrommykitchen.com

Reflections said...

Ur right the colour is too bright...but wht the heck as long as it tasted good it should be fine;-P

shriya said...

Beautiful presentation. Lovely clicks. Grilled prawns looks so tempting and yummy.

Mrs.Ahmed said...

Hi, Am new here ;)
Beautiful Pic,its looks soo tempting love to try your recipe ;)

http://hyderabadicuisinerecipes-angel.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Wow perfect color my parents love this recipes.Pls keep notify new recipes to my mail i always like to prepare to new recipe....
Tandoori